Friday, April 15, 2011

MySQL Users Conference Slides

Slides for my talk at the 2011 MySQL Users Conference are now up:


All in all, the talk went pretty well. There was quite a bit of interest in the subject. After attending my talk, Jay Janssen of Yahoo! put up a good blog post about some replication features that he would like to see in future versions. That is exactly the type of feedback that we want. Open source projects should be community driven. We want to implement the features that YOU want.

2 comments:

  1. Hey David,
    I got a drizzle build working on my laptop and I've mostly gotten replication setup with two drizzled instances. I did a CREATE SCHEMA on my master and got this error on my slave:

    (SQLSTATE 00000) You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your Drizzle server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFINER jayj' at line 1
    Failure while executing:
    COMMIT
    CREATE SCHEMA `test` COLLATE utf8_general_ci DEFINER jayj
    UPDATE `sys_replication`.`applier_state` SET `last_applied_commit_id` = 6

    This is a little puzzling, since there isn't any authentication setup. Any clues?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jay,

    That is odd, but I still suspect some sort of issue with authentication. I'm a bit bogged down in some other stuff, but I'll try to take a look very soon. If you don't mind, please open up a bug on Launchpad (https://bugs.launchpad.net/drizzle) and include the slave log file as well. This way it won't get lost.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete